Friday, October 10, 2008

Excuses...excuses

I'm really not trying to avoid blogging. My life has kind of been turned upside down the past few weeks. Things haven't exactly settled down either, so I'm just hanging on by a thread...


Anyway...I bet you didn't think it was possible to gain 15lbs in two weeks, but that is what I've done. 

Current Weight: 310 lbs 

I know it's not healthy, but that is where I'm at, and it's the result of some major emotional eating. 

I thought I had a better understanding of myself and had gained some control over my emotional connection with food, but obviously I was dreaming. I'm not giving up, but I've got to work through this rough spot. 

Shamefully Yours - Fattie

4 comments:

Chai Latté said...

I'm so sorry that times are rough for you right now. But just remember that your eating and health are really the only thing that YOU can truly control. So when your life is spinning around you, try to regain control by creating structure with yourself first. Eating, exercising, etc.

I *know* it's not that easy. I suffer from emotional (compulsive) overeating as well.

I guess all I am saying is... I'm glad to have you back, blogging! and... you can do this.

Inspiration said...

The 15 lbs is most likely water weight that will come right back off when you get back on track.

Hang in there. It will get better. Take it bite by bite. Try to refuse yourself just one bite at a time.

You will get through this!!!

Think back to the reason why you are doing this...that will give you motivation to get back on track :)

Anonymous said...

I can see you now...5'5", 310...yep.
I can see it because that was ME 10 years ago!
5'6", 320lbs, TIGHT size 28 or comfy size 30. Yep, that was me.

I get the emotional eating.
I get the bored eating.
I get the happy eating.
I get the sad eating.
I get it...really I do.

However, 10 years ago I started eating low carb and going to Overeaters Anonymous.
Now...I'm a MUCH happier saner person who is 5'5", 205lbs and a very comfortable size 16 (14 in dresses and work pants).

I hear you, I have been there, but I'm here to tell you I was able to make a change, and you can to!! You CAN do it...and blogging/connecting with others is a great start!

I will read your journal often, please keep us up to date and let us help keep you accountable!!

You are not alone!
Ammy

Chai Latté said...

I want you to come back. :-/