Thursday, September 4, 2008

Week1: 13.5lbs down 153.5 to go

Well, I'm not surprised but I am excited! I've lost 13.5 pounds in one week!


Okay, I know this is normally not a healthy weight loss, but you have to know where I'm coming from. I do not expect this kind of loss every week. In the past the first week is always a big loss, because prior eating habits make me bloat so bad. So, the first week is usually a lot of water weight...and my body knows how to carry it. Case in point: after giving birth to my son last year I lost 45lbs in 2 weeks...ALL WATER I retained while pregnant.

I'm also going to give myself a little credit...some of the weight I lost this past week is more than just water. I ate REALLY well and worked hard at it. I wanted to spend this first week just focusing on getting started and understanding my eating habits. The food diary has helped a lot with that.

So, I'm off to a good start!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a great start!